Thursday, March 23, 2006

Quotes from Ayn Rand's Fountainhead

Here are some of my favourite quotes from the best book ever written.
Keating: "How do you always manage to decide?"
Roark: "How can you let others decide for you?"

" I can accept anything, except what seems to be the easiest for most people: the half-way, thealmost, the just-about, the in- between."

Roark: "Independence is the only gauge of human virtue and value.What a man is and makes of himself-- not what he has orhasn't done for others."

"Civilization is the progress toward a society of privacy. The savage's whole existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe. Civilization is the process of setting man free from men."

"Kill reverence and you've killed the hero in man."

"It had to be said: the world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrifice."

"Man's ego is the fountainhead of human progress."

"Great men can't be ruled."

"I do not recognize anyone's right to one minute of my life."

"Self-sacrifice?... It is precisely the self that can not and must not be sacrificed."

"Don't work for my happiness, my brothers--show me yours--show me that it is possible--show me your achievement--and the knowledge will give me courage for mine."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i liked the quotes a lot. though i have read fountainhead but i couldnt really bring myself to read it again cause its so depressing to read. i thank u for reminding me how i loved it when i first read it and thanx to you i started to read it again.

Anonymous said...

good work dude